to advance the
Search site for::
Launched Aug 26 1996.
The Commentaries section contains miscellaneous comments and ideas that don't really fit anywhere else.
The Half-baked ideas SECTION is set aside for unpublished works in progress that may (or may not) contain new insights, ways of expressing things, or other innovate ideas. The works are published here in rough format (grammar, spelling, punctuation, as is) and should be judged solely on the ideas they contain; don't get distracted by how they are wrapped. The purpose of posting them is to get the ideas out on the table to initiate dialogues.
The sample shown is a paper with some interesting data that seems to suggest a rather startling conclusion but I'm not ready to go there yet publicly.
The Entertainment section is for posting stuff that might be entertaining to site visitors.
- older comments from pre AIPRE e-mail message exchanges.
- I was surprised at the relevance when I was updating the site.
- Comments about NTSB Rand Report
- Some of the links are no longer on the internet, and I did not download them at the time. Sorry about that.
- Competing views of an Accident
- Not sure which investigation was right? How can you tell?.
- More comments about NTSB-Rand Report
- Some of the links are no longer on the internet, and I did not download them at the time. Sorry about this one too.
HALF BAKED IDEAS SECTION
- See draft of paper "LOSS HISTORIES: A UNDERUSED SAFETY RESOURCE"
- When one looks at the data in a time-loss framework, it suggests a need to rethink reallocation of certain resources to research initiatives in this area of aviation safety, and raises questions about passenger equity in the issue.
- Discussion would be directed to the moderated Private Research Forum on the AIPRE.
Links to other comments that might be enjoyed