to advance the
Search site for::
Launched Aug 26 1996.
|Guides and Manuals References
(most recent postings listed first) Listing here does not imply endorsement of any referenced works.
These are examples. An on-line search for "Accident Investigation Guide" using a major search engine will produce many additional references.
See sample search results (pdf).
- Accident Investigation Guide describes US Forest Service process.
- NFPA 921, Guide to Fire and Explosion Investigation Author: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) ISBN is Unknown. Widely used for fire investigations. Copies can of latest version can be obtained from: NFPA One Batterymarch Park Quincy, MA 02269 USA
- A university with an extensive investigation research program has published an investigation guide to support its Safety Management System. and RIDDOR obligations.
- For an example of a state traffic investigation guide, see www.dhmh.state.md.us/forms/download/fleet/accinvest.pdf
- Links to U S Department of Energy Investigation Program which address accident investigations. Include directives, downloadable guides, implementing documents for government, contractor, aviation, occupational and other activities. (12/01)
- Excerpts from International Civil Aviation Organization Accident Investigation Manual objectives and purposes. (Dec 98)
- Set of four investigation guides:
General guidance for conducting four levels of investigations, including data gathering strategies, sample investigation policy, checklists, and quality criteria. Complements video with same name. ISBN 0-87939-139-1 Available individually or as a group from Starline Software Ltd or Emergency Film Group who also distribute related training films.
INTRODUCTION TO INVESTIGATION GUIDE 1
ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION GUIDE 2,
HAZMAT INVESTIGATION GUIDE 3,
FIRE INVESTIGATION GUIDE 4..
- 10 MES INVESTIGATION GUIDES for use with MES-based Investigations. Starline Software Ltd. Shareware. Guides address investigation data formatting, organization, testing and hypotheses development, test planning, recommendation development and quality control, among others. (Dec 15, ,98, Revised 2/00)
- ANSI Investigation Standards listing. from search of ANSI standards. View listing. of standards available from American National Standards Institute (home page link shown on list.). Posted 21 Mar 98.
- U S Mine Safety and Health Administration Manuals.
MSHA Home Page provides Acrobat-formatted files of its current Accident Investigation Handbook, (PH))-1-5) on line. Posted 2 Jan 1998 Go to site: Posted 2 Jan 1999
- U S Nuclear Energy Commission Accident Investigation Directive and Accident Investigation Handbook excerpts re objectives, scope, participation, etc. (Dec 97)
- ICAO Annex 13 Accident Investigation Manual, also Manual of Aircraft Accident Investigation and Accident Prevention Manual, latest revisions, International Civil Aviation Organization, 100 Sherbrook St West Suite 400, Montreal Quebec Canada H3A 2R2 or National ICAO Representatives. International aircraft investigation standards and guidance. (10/97)
- U S Occupational Safety and Health Administration Manuals .
TheSE sites provide current basic on-line accident investigation procedures and describe accident analysis techniques. References can be found by searching the OSHA site for "accident investigation" for additional sources of information about OSHA's investigation processes, including Student Manuals and Discussion/Overheads files that can be downloaded for investigation research data and analyses.
Go to Investigation Manual site 5/99
- ISASI Air Traffic Services Guidance Notes for Investigators . April 97 document with guidance notes about investigation tasks, training models for ATS investigators. Some new guidance.
Go to Guidance document. (Apr 97)
- Department of Defense Instruction 6055.7 Mishap Investigation, Reporting, and Recordkeeping provides guidance about demands on investigators for investigation, reporting, and recordkeeping on mishaps and occupational illnesses in the US military, and other stated purposes. Also provides numbers cross references to other investigation-related documents. Go to document Visit site for more information.
- U S AirForce Publication "Approved for Public Release; Distribution is unlimited": WL-TR-95-4004 Aircraft Mishap Investigation Handbook for Electronic Hardware . Dated January 1995. Published by Materials Directorate, Wright Laboratory, Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7734 (courtesy of John Richardson, Southern Calif Safety Institute)
- DOE Standard: THE USE OF THE EVIDENCE EVALUATION MATRIX IN ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION, U S Department of Energy-EH, INEL-SSDC, by Leon Horman. Draft Standard, June 1995. Describes use of a matrix to prove and substantiate the findings of an investigation. Claims that when properly used, it clearly establishes the logic used to reach conclusions and communicates the logic to others. ( firstname.lastname@example.org )(6 Oct 96)
- Accident/Incident Investigation Manual, 76-15/27 SSDC 27. U S Department of Energy, System Safety Development Center, EG&G, PO Box 1025, Idaho Falls, ID 83415 USA. SSDC was recently closed; new source not identified, so write to old SOURCE. .
- Guidelines for Investigating Chemical Process Incidents 1992, published by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers. View listing Also see review of this book. The Guidelines were edited and republished in 1999.
your suggestions will be listed next
Send in your suggestions for additions relevant to investigation process research